Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Assessing my Knowledge

After reading each chapter in our text book,
We must assess what we have read by taking chapter tests on the Pearson website.

Here were my results for the past 4 tests I have taken:

















My reflection on these tests:
Chapter 1: I found this test to be fairly easy. It was an overview of chapter 1 and gave questions on meaningful social studies methods. Question #12 I found difficult because the choices seemed very similar. I was not sure how to answer this technology based questions because they seemed more like opinions than statements. 
Chapter 2: This test I found to be a little bit more challenging. The first question was difficult because I did not think the student in Mrs.Smith's class would cry over the topic/activity they were doing because she did not have prior knowledge. Also, the parts of the lesson planning (exploratory introduction, development,  and expansion) questions were difficult to answer. I had to re-read the chapter and the questions over a few times to see what would best fit the situations given.
Chapter 11:  This test was the easiest out of the 4 tests I took. The only thing I disagree with the Pearson company about this test was that many of the questions had "all of the above" as an option for several questions. It was repetitive and almost in a way gave out the answers because that was the correct selection for all of them.However, the questions were very straightforward and I was able to clearly understand how to help students interpret history by meeting proper standards.
Chapter 14: This self test was helpful to assess my knowledge about assessment and evaluations. I thought question #9 was tricky. I was not sure what the answer about this teacher could have been because their could have been more than one answer about her teaching skills given the situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment